Yesterday, I was getting bored, so I thought to stream online videos on youtube and I went to switch on my PC. But the moment I opened my browser, I got too much frustrated as I was getting “DNS probe finished no internet” error. Then I tried to get some help online, but nothing helped me, but after a few more trails I finally discovered methods to fix this DNS probe finished no internet issue.
And today, I am going to share those techniques with you all so that you don’t have to suffer the way I did. So if you are also frustrated with this server, then this article is going to help you out. So before getting into the fixing steps let us first have an introduction with this “fix dns_probe_finished_no_internet” Error issue.
What is DNS probe finished no internet?
DNS probe finished no internet is a kind of server error. It is a very famous error that often occurs and especially Google Chrome users have been facing this for so long and mostly. Now coming to the cause of this DNS probe finished no internet error, let me tell you that this error is caused due to bad or a faculty internet connection and due to wrong firewall settings. Let us first discuss how it looks like:
When this DNS probe finished no internet error occurs it pops a message on your screen saying “check your internet connection ” and you have to make sure that all your modems and other network devices are connected correctly and along with that you can also reboot your router as something it needs to restart so as to function well.
Now then second thing that displays in your screen can be “allow Google Chrome to access network in your firewall“. This is an important step that you have to allow your antivirus firewalls let your browser to have network access. So after this introduction to this error and to the cause of this error let me finally drag your attention to the solution of this DNS probe finished no internet error.
Solutions for fixing DNS probe finished no internet issue:
You can fix this problem by using mainly these ways,
- One is by using command prompt
- And another one is by updating and re-installing the drivers.
- Or you can change DNS Address to open DNS.
- Also you can fix it by clearing catche memories and re-installing your browser.
- Rebooting your router can also help you to fix dns_probe_finished_no_internet Problem.
Now, let me tell you how you can fix this DNS probe finished no internet error by using these ways one by one. So let us have a look on the procedure steps:
· Using command prompt:
U can solve DNS probe finished no internet issue using command prompt and for this you have to simply follow these steps which are pretty simple but this is something I can say a bit advanced solution, if you think that you can’t do it then you don’t need to be worry you can simply follow other solution as they are equally working.
Solutions steps using command prompt:
- So at first you have to open your PC this is going to work only in windows so, now press windows button or you can click on the start icon shown in your tasks bar (as in window 7 professional) and then write “command prompt” on the search bar located at the bottom and you will probably get the icon Now click on it.
- After you run command prompt, copy these commands in the exact same sequence and then paste these commands to the command prompt and the sequence of command is written below.
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset;
- And then restart your computer, and there won’t be any DNS probe finished no internet issue anymore.
· By updating driver software:
This is another effective way of fixing DNS probe finished no internet issue, and for that, you have followed these steps:
- Open your PC and then go to my computer and then to control panel.
- In the control panel, you will see an option of “device manager” click on it.
- Now you will be able to see network adapters’ option there. You have to open it by just clicking on it. And then right click on the adapter in which you are currently working.
- There you will see that an option of update driver software is shown. And there you are at the right place to fix this DNS probe finished no internet issue.
- Now without wasting a single second more click on it. And browse my computer so that you will be able to pick a long list of devices drivers on your computer. Now click on update and then sit back and relax.
- After the installation there will be a pop-up a dialogue box saying “driver is successfully updated” and you are done. Now you can connect your PC again to the internet and enjoy browsing without any more issue.
By changing the DNS Address to open DNS:
Yes! This is a bit strange but a really good solution to get permanently rid of this DNS probe finished no internet error issue. All you can do to change your DNS address is as follows:
- As you can already see that there is an icon in our task bar that shows internet connectivity, you have to right click on it and then you will see that it is show two options one is ‘troubleshoot problems and another one is ‘Open network and sharing center‘.
- Click on this ‘Open network and sharing center‘ shown there and then you will see that another window will open in front of you, now click on ‘local area connection.’
- Now right click on it and then click on the properties. Now will have to select ‘Internet Protocol version 4’ and then click on its properties again.
- Then in the properties of Internet Protocol version 4 you will get a radio option click on it and then change the DNS Server Address from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52. And then tick on ‘validate setting upon exit’ option shown at the bottom.
- So now you are done with this step too, and you can use your internet without any DNS probe finished no internet error issue.
· By clearing cache memories and re-installing your browser:
This is another way by which you can actually fix this DNS probe finished no internet error issue, but I recommend you first to try to connect to the internet through any other browser before opting this step because it is going to clear almost everything from your browser like your history, bookmarks and saved passwords, etc.
So I personally suggest you try to connect to internet using other browser if your internet is working on other browsers like opera mini, Safari browser, UC browser or any other browser installed on your device then this DNS probe finished no internet error issue is probably occurring due to your browser fault, and then you should definitely go for this step otherwise go for any other ways which I have already mentioned. Now for clearing cache memories and re-installing your browser follow these steps:
- There are two ways, one is by simply clearing catche memory and another one is by directly uninstalling your browser, here I recommend you to first clear only catche and then if you are still facing this DNS probe finished no internet error issue then you should go for uninstalling this browser and then reinstalling it.
- For just clearing catch and history, open your browser let say Google chrome and then go to the setting and then to history and then click on clear all, beside this you will also get an option of clearing catche and bookmarks and everything saved tick on them as well and then click on clear or delete.
- Or it still doesn’t work then go to your ‘computer’ and then uninstall or change a program option that is shown at the third place on the top of this window. Click on it and then click on the google chrome app, right click on it and then uninstall.
So that is how you can clear its catche history and even uninstalled it if required, and then download this browser again and install it.
Read : ‘Whatsapp -24’ Error Solved
And this was all about how you can fix this DNS probe finished no internet error issue by following these simple, safe and legit steps and can get permanently rid of this problem, I hope these methods will work for you as well so that you don’t have to get as frustrated as I got when I was getting bore and want to stream online as I have already mentioned all the methods to solve fix dns_probe_finished_no_internet Error.