Manage Mobile Data
- 1 Manage Mobile Data
- 1.1 Tricks to Manage/Reduce your Windows Phone’s Data Usage:
- 1.2 Share this:
- 1.3 Related
Manage Mobile Data : We all use Mobile Broadband data on our mobile phones. But sometimes it reaches its limit very fast though we use less data. So it’s important to reduce your data usage on your phone or you have to find a way to save excess usage of data.
Unlike iOS, there is no particular app available for Windows phone to manage your mobile data usage. But you can manage your windows phone’s data usage by following some tricks and tips.
So, here in this post we have posted some tricks for your Windows phone to manage your mobile data usage.(Manage Mobile Data)
Read more : Avoid iPhone Battery Drain Problem
Tricks to Manage/Reduce your Windows Phone’s Data Usage:
You can use Data Sense
Data sense reduces your Windows mobile’s data to a great extent. During your browsing the internet it can help you saving more data by doing simple things like: it reduces the size of the browsing images or size of the web pages that you are browsing.
to use this just follow this simple steps-
- Go to your windows mobile’s app list, then click on Data Sense.
- Now, Click Settings.
- Then choose standard/high/automatic under the Browser Data Savings options. Its better to choose automatic, it will decide best setting for your device.
Connect to a Wi-Fi Network (if possible)
Wi-fi networks are more faster and less expensive too than mobile broadband. So its the best way to save your mobile data usage. So connect to the Wi-fi network whenever it is possible.
You can also Keep Track of Data usage
Its always good if you know how much data you are using. Keeping track of your windows phone’s data usage, you will be able to know how much of data you are using and also you can reduce your data cost by choosing a right data plan.
(The networks list shows only the estimated data usage. Actual usage of data is only calculated by the mobile operators.)
You can view the estimated usage of data by following-
- First select Action Center which is in the taskbar.
- Right click on Cellular and then select Go to Settings.
- To see the usage of data of last 30 days, select the Data Usage.
- In Usage Details you will be able to see of your each and every apps data usage.
You can Disable your Location Tracking
Location tracking apps consumed high amount of data. Also some other apps tracks your location after installation. This will let your phones to use more amount of data.(Manage Mobile Data). So its better to keep disable the location tracking apps. Also you can choose which app you want to track your location. This will definitely reduces your data usage.
Set Your Mobile Data Connection Metered
You can reduce your mobile data usage by making it metered i.e you have to do some things under some limit. Like, you have to limit your updates or downloads, not doing such things or downloading such apps that consumes more amount of data.(Manage Mobile Data) Only updates your important apps or download the important one.
Here’s the thing you need to do to make your connections metered.
- In the Taskbar, select Action Center.
- Go to Settings after right click on Cellular.
- Select the Mobile Operator and then tap on Advanced Options.
- Set the Metered connection on Under the Data Usage.
Make a Limit on your Data intensive activities
You have to put a limit on your activities that consumes data usage a lot. Things like online gaming, playing online videos i.e video streaming or listening music on online, video calling and sharing data over mobile hotspot consumes more amount of your mobile data.(Manage Mobile Data). So if you are really concerned about your mobile’s extreme data usage then simply put a limit on such activities.
Manage Your e-mail settings
You can change your default email settings to manual rather than automatic to reduce your excess amount of mobile data.
That’s the simple tips or tricks that you can follow to manage your Windows Phone’s mobile data usage. Hope you will like it and it will help you to reduce your mobile data.(Manage Mobile Data)
- How To Download Torrent File on Windows and Symbian Mobile?
- How To Turn Off or Disable “Seen By” Message in Facebook