In today’s modern world, things have become much easier and simpler. One can do any kind of work using their computer or phones with an internet connection even sharing data from one laptop to another, in the same way from one phone to another. But have you thought of sharing large amounts of data between two laptops using LAN cable? This method of transferring data through LAN cable is easy and fast. Want to know how to transfer data between two laptops using LAN cable then you can follow the simple steps that will be easier for you and save your time.
Sending files or data using LAN cable is easy and faster and does not take much time ,unlike other drives/devices which are time-consuming. I guess everyone love sharing data with your friends, isn’t it? You must have tried sharing your data through Pendrive, USB connection and many other methods which are quite familiar to you. Sometimes, you might have faced trouble transferring your data right? So, in this article, you will find out the easiest and effortless method of transferring data from one computer to another. If you haven’t tried yet, check out the steps on how to transfer data between two laptops using LAN cable and get started that will help you to send files and also receive files.
Advantages of LAN Cable wire:
- It transfers data faster in no time.
- Unlike other modes of file transferer that takes a lot of time, using LAN cable to transfer data’s does not consume time.
- You can setup the connection and you can continue with other.
Steps to transfer data between two Laptops using LAN cable:
Here are the easy and effortless steps to transfer data between two Laptops using LAN cable or Ethernet cable. All you need is two computers and a LAN cable. Just have a glance at these steps of how to transfer data between two laptops using LAN cable.
- Step-I: You must connect one Laptop to another laptop using the LAN Cable/Ethernet cable wire.
- Step-II: Now, you have to enable sharing options on both the Laptops.
- Step-III: After connecting two laptops with LAN cable and enabling sharing options, you will need to Go to Control Panel>>Go to Network and to the Internet>>then go to Network and Sharing Center>>after that go to Advanced Sharing settings.
- Step-IV: Now connect both the Laptops on the same network by clicking on Open Control Panel>>Click on Network and on Internet>>Click on Network Connections.
- Step-V: Then you will see a Local Area Network Connection 2>>Click on it and Navigate to properties.
- Step-VI: After that, you will be able to find networked PC listed. Select and open it properties by entering IP-address on both the computers. For example, follow the same steps and you just have to change the IP address from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.3 and then press OK.
- Step-VII: Now that your two laptops have been set up properly with LAN cable and enabling sharing options, you can now begin to transfer files between two Laptops with the simple and easy steps.
- Select the folder you would like to share and right click on it.
- Select Share and select Specific People.
- Select everyone on the drop down and Add and Click Share.
8. Step-VIII: This is it. You are now ready to share your data’s between two laptops.
These are the steps on how to transfer data between two laptops using LAN cable. Isn’t it simple and easy? Try out these simple methods and your data will be shared to another computer within no time.
How To Stop Autoplay Videos on Facebook – All in One Guide (iPhone,Android,PC)
How to Transfer DATA BAL from one Laptop to another using LAN cable:
In the following step, you will get to know how to transfer DATA BAL from one laptop to another using LAN cable that will easily help you transfer Data anytime without much difficulty.
- Step-I: You have to obtain a network crossover cable that will connect easily with two computers.
- Step-II: You have to plug in this crossover cable on both the laptop’s Ethernet network port. Once the crossover cable is plugged in, your cable will click when it will successfully connect to the network port.
- Step-III: Navigate to control Panel on both the computers. Click on the windows start button and you will have to type Control Panel and press the icon that will appear beneath the text field (For those using windows 8), & (For those using windows 7, XP and Vista), you have to click on the start button and type control panel and press the icon that will appear above the text field. After that, you can open the start menu by pressing icon from the base that will pop-up on the left your screen.
- Step-IV: Both the laptops must be connected on the same network and on the same workgroup. Here, you will have to search for the System in the search box both the laptop’s control panel. Now click on the Search header and you will see information regarding your computer like Model, manufacturer etc.
- Step-V: If you scroll down, you will find computer name, domain, workgroup settings. Now click on the Change settings and a new window will pop-up as system properties>>click on change button on the bottom of the window. You can use the same name on both the computers as long as both the laptops use the same workgroup.
- Step-VI: (For those using windows 8) Go to control panel>>find and click>>Network Sharing Center. In the Network and Sharing Center>>Click on Change Adapter Settings that appears on the left side of the window.
- Step-VII: (For those using windows 7, XP, Vista) You will have to search in the search box that appears in the upper right corner of the window and open Network Settings directly from the control panel.
- Step-VIII: Now right click>>Local area connection from the options of network connections window>>click and select the properties.
- Step-IX: After that, you will have to find and click on the internet protocol>>then click on Properties.
- Step-X: Now you will see a new window that will ask you enter the IP address>>click on use the following IP address. You can enter the IP address on the both the laptop such as PC 1 – IP address:192.168.0.1, PC 2 – IP address: 192.168.0.2
- Step-XI: After entering the IP address on both the laptops you have to click on OK button in order to apply settings.
Now you can share your data with the help of LAN cable connection to another laptop easily and effortlessly anytime you would like to quickly. Transferring DATA BAL from one laptop to another using LAN cable is easy and helpful.
How to Connect a Computer to PC via Ethernet Cable:
- Step-I:You must connect either one end the crossover cable on the Laptop’s Ethernet Port and one end to a computer.
- Step-II: Now place the free end of the crossover cable into the port on the PC’s Ethernet adapter.
- Step-III: After that, you have to Click on the Start button on the laptop.
- Step-IV: Now, click on Control Panel from the main menu.
- Step-V: After that, you will have to search for Network in the search box on the control panel pop-up window. Next, click on the Network and Sharing Center in the window’s main panel. You will have to double-click on the Network and Sharing center icon if your control panel window is set to Classic view.
- Step-VI:After clicking on the Network and Sharing Center, you will have to double-click again on an Unidentified Network icon from the main menu of the Network and Sharing Center.
- Step-VII: Now, move the mouse pointer in the name of desktop PC and click twice in order to make a connection.
- Step-VIII: You are ready to connect your computer to PC but if prompted you will be asked to enter the username and password for access to the desktop PC.
Therefore, transferring data or files is simple and easy from your laptop to PC by using this useful Ethernet cable. You can try these steps if you haven’t tried yet. I must say, transferring your files will be much easier without any need of hard work.
In all, LAN cable is useful and easy to connect from one computer to another that enables you to share data/files and transfers DATA BAL as well. Sounds cool. Ethernet cable, on the other hand, is also useful that enables you to connect a computer to PC. With these simple and easiest methods you will now able to understand and use these techniques on how to transfer data between two Laptops using LAN cable, how to transfer DATA BAL from one computer to another using LAN cable and also how to connect a computer to PC via Ethernet Cable further. If you have any huge data to be sent or transfer DATA BAL to another computer then using LAN cable will be the best option that will automatically help you complete your work without taking much time.
Likewise, connecting one computer to PC via Ethernet cable is easy and faster for sending files to another computer with the help of Ethernet cable network connection. This method is easy and it will save your time unlike the drives to transfer files. You can try all the above methods to transfer files from one laptop to another with just a simple and useful LAN cable that works smoothly and faster that will help you understand how to transfer data between two Laptops using LAN Cable.
How to Download Cinema Box HD App for Android, iOS & PC?