It was last year in September, when Google finally launched the Android v6.0 (Marshmallow) for consumers, design-wise the Android v6.0 Marshmallow looked pretty similar to the previous android O.S, Android v5.0(Lollipop), but there are many differences and new updates in the Android v6.0(Marshmallow), which it predecessor didn’t have.
Even if you are someone who is new to Android v6.0 Marshmallow, and you have been using the Android v5.0 will find it quite difficult to find the differences between them at first, Google has mostly kept the major changes and updates under the skin.
Improvement and Changes of Best Android Marshmallow 6.0 Launcher apps:
One of the key focus of Google was to improve the battery life of the Android devices and also, improve the performance of the Android devices so that they can perform better even with minimal hardware. The Google Android 6.0 comes with a set of new features, and of the main features are the support for the fingerprint sensor, better control for optimization and rich battery saving options, was one of the most important key features.
Another key focus of Google was to give more attention and improve the voice command feature, as a reason, the lock screen in Android v6.0 has an option for ‘Voice command’, which had previously the call button option, so now even if your smartphone is locked you will be able to use Google now for calling a person, asks for direction, and many more voice commands can be used, this kind of facilities were only available on Motorola flagship smartphones, but now these facilities will be available on every Android Marshmallow powered device. The menu has also been changed in the Android 6.0 Marshmallow, Google introduced a vertical menu screen, so instead of tapping left to right, now you get a vertical scrolling list. And at the top, there is also a search bar which lets you type the name of a particular app, which you want to find, the applications are aligned alphabetically, so instead of browsing the app and looking for the application in the menu you can easily type the name of the application in the search bar.
The quick setting menu has also been changed in the Android 6.0 Marshmallow, but it’s a minor change, some people will notice it, but many may miss it. The quick setting menu now has ‘Do not disturb’ option, which on being tapped will turn off all kinds of notifications, so you will not get any kind of notification, another good thing is that now you can even customize the priority mode, which will enable only a few selected contacts notification to be received when the ‘Don not disturb’ is turned on.
Google Now, as we know is a personal voice assistant available on Android-powered smartphones, Google has kept on improving the Google Now for a long period of time, and the results can be seen on the latest Android v6.0 Marshmallow.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow users can now use a feature called ‘Google now on tap’, for using the feature you just have to tap and hold the home button, on getting launched, the application will take half of your smartphone screen, after that Google Now will try to figure what’s on the screen, and it can be anything like a message, an informative article which you have been reading, after figuring it out, Google Now will do a quick Google search and will find out the result, and will display the information.
Google has also done some major improvement changes in the Android 6.0 Marshmallow, now users have been given more control, as a result, now when an app will try to access any kind of function, it will have to ask for users permission, if the users grant permission then only the application will be able to access that function, suppose if an application tries to access the internet then it needs to ask for users permission, then only it will be able to access the internet. So not only, the Android 6.0 Marshmallow provides more controls to the users, it also provides more safety and security. And guess what Google has also double up the security in their upcoming Android 7.0 Nougat O.S.
Another major improvement done by Google in Android 6.0 is providing fingerprint sensor support, which will now provide more security, now users can sign in, make app purchases from Google Play store using the Android Pay, so instead of typing login details everytime you visit a site, you can just tap on your fingerprint sensor and get this process done, within 1-2 seconds.
Now let’s talk about another new thing in the Android 6.0 Marshmallow, the Android Pay, as we all know smartphone companies like Apple, Samsung has their own wireless pay system, and just like them, Google has also introduced their own system, the Android Pay system, which works similarly like other pay systems, just set it up, and make payment from your android smartphone using the Android Pay, all your Android 6.0 smartphone needs is NFC, if NFC isn’t availalbe then you will not be available to take advantage of the Android Pay system.
The Volume controls have also been changed, now users will get a drop down button, which will let them access three volume controls, which are the notification, system, and alarms, so now, users can adjust the volume of various controls manually.
As mentioned before, increasing battery life of Android devices has been a key focus for Google, and this is what exactly they have done with the Android v6.0 Marshmallow, now users can take advantage of a new feature called ‘Doze’, Doze basically turns off all the application when they are not in use, Doze will automatically figure when the device is not in use and it will stop the app from waking the device, but Doze will not stop important notifications like text messages, Gmail alerts, etc, and it also lets users choose what application to Doze off. This feature will make sure that the battery life is used efficiently and also increase the battery life.
For supporting fast charging, Google did some improvement in the Android Marshmallow, due to which both the Nexus 5C and Nexus 6P had USB Type-C cable, this thing wasn’t possible before, but after the launch of the Android v6.0 Marshmallow, now any smartphone can support USB Type-C cable.
After its release, not all, but only selected smartphones have received the Android v6.0 Marshmallow updates, other than Google Nexus smartphones, only a selected smartphones of Huawei, Samsung, LG, Motorola, HTC, etc, have gotten the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update, some smartphones performance has gotten better, whereas, some smartphones started showing various issues. So if you are one of those whose smartphone is going to receive the Android Marshmallow update, it is advised that you please do a bit research on how the smartphone will behave after getting the update.
However, if you are one of those Android users who is waiting for receiving the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update, or you are trying to find an app that can change your smartphone UI to the Android v6.0 Marshmallow’s UI then please do read this article as we are going to mention the top best Android 6.0 launcher application that will change the UI of your old Android UI and make it look like Android 6.0 Marshmallow’s stock UI.
Best Android 6.0 Marshmallow launcher apps:-
1. The Marshmallow launcher: At present, The Marshmallow launcher app is the best Android 6.0 Marshmallow launcher available, so if you want to transform your old Android UI to the Marshmallow 6.0 then you should definitely try out the Marshmallow launcher. You can download the application by searching it in Google because the application isn’t available in the Google play store.
Once you download the application, go to the application drawer, check the ‘Show pages as card’, set ‘Drawer card color to white’, followed by that set ‘Drawer background color’ to black, and finally, set the drawer transparency to around 90-95 %.
2. M 6.0 Launcher: M 6.0 Launcher is also a good alternative developed by UPRUI launcher Group, which you can try to transform your Android smartphone to Android v6.0 Marshmallow, the application is smooth, light and is designed to provide Android v6.0 Marshmallow experience on your Android smartphone. The application has gotten a rating of 4.3 stars out of 5.
- The M 6.0 Launcher comes with an app drawer which offers the same kind of functionalities of the app drawer of the Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- The M launcher also offers users to download various icon packs.
- The M 6.0 launcher also comes with the Widget drawer, which is available in Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- The application is optimized to provide smooth and fast performance, the animation effects in this application also very smooth.
- The application also allows you to edit icons by replacing or removing them.
3. MM Launcher: The MM launcher is also a good option for customizing and giving your android smartphone looks of the Android 6.0 Marshmallow, the application is highly customizable and optimized, so you don’t need to worry about any kind of issues of lagginess. The app features more than 3000 icons packs, new themes, live wallpapers, etc. Users are also given controls to customize styles, edit and create a new desktop.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow Style app, widget drawer, and search bar
- Supports gestures
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow Transition and Animation
4. KK Launcher: KK Launcher is one of the most popular launchers available in the Android market, it is quite popular among Android users, which is why, the application has over more than 1 million downloads, and has got a rating of 4.4 stars out of 5.
- The applications supports more than 5000+ icon packs.
- The KK Launcher also comes with handy side bars like memory cleaner, favourite apps, etc.
- The applications comes with 16 transition effect, 5 live wallpaper effect, Color wallpaper
5.Android 6.0/M Update: If your smartphone is running on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and you are stuck with no update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, then don’t get upset, because now you can update the looks of your Android 5.0 Lollipop smartphone to the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow by using this application, the application is not available in Google Play store, so you need to download the application by doing Google search.
The application requires root permission for proper functioning. The application is just basically a prank through which you can falsely change the current version, name, and model of your rooted smartphone.
The changes done by the user only appear in ‘About’, the application doesn’t really update your smartphone to the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The application might not be that trustworthy so use it at your own risk.
6. Marshmallow-Icon Packed HD: Marshmallow pack is a subtle, minimalistic & elegant theme, the application is basically theme One HD, the Marshmallow-Icon packed HD is basically an Icon pack, which is one of the best popular icon pack used by various popular launchers like Nova Launcher, Go Launcher, Action Launcher, ADW, Holo, etc. It is one recommended launcher system for Android. The application has gotten a rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
7.Material Launcher Android M/6: Material Launcher Android M/6 is another Android 6.0 Marshmallow launcher, which can be used if you want to give your smartphone the style Android 6.0 style. The application is quite fast and light, doesn’t lag much often, and even is faster than some stock launcher.
8. Omega Launcher: Omega Launcher is another alternative to try, the application is basically a home screen replacement based on the theme of the old Android v5.0 Lollipop and the new Android v6.0 Marshmallow. The Omega application is specifically designed for those Android smartphone which is running Android 4.0 or old version. The Omega Launcher is built to give speed and power of material user interfaces for devices that comes with a low memory and a weak processor.
After reading this article you will get a proper idea of the changes and improvement done by Google in the Android 6.0 Marshmallow O.S, and also what are the best Android v6.0 Marshmallow launcher available in the market which you can try to get a taste of the Android v 6.0 Marshmallow, if your Android smartphone is not running on Marshmallow or is yet to receive the update.
Note – All the launchers mentioned above might not be that safe, so make sure you get this some from trusted sites and do a little bit of more research before you download any of the mentioned launchers which are not available in Google Play Store.