The internet is one giant database of information provided by millions of servers. As we all know Google is the biggest and most popular search engine on the internet available now. However, there are still some parts of the internet where even google cannot reach known as Deep web.
You must be confused right now. That how can Google won’t be able to reach some information on the internet, isn’t it the google the largest search engine? Yes, Google is the largest search engine, but according to sources, there are vast sections on the internet which can be reach or access through a regular search engine like Google, Yahoo and Bing etc.
The inaccessible part of the internet is commonly known as Deep Web. The deep web is a place where you cannot reach with regular search engines. This web is around 500 times the size of the web that we access.
Deep Web consists of such database which works with some special address that cannot be indexed by the standard search engine. That is the core reason why Google cannot reach such database and indexed it.
Deep Web can be various things on the internet such as the user database, webmail pages, web forums and pages behind paywalls.
Just like Deep web, there is the Dark web. People often categorise both the types of the web as one. Well, these two are different, and that’s why they have different terms. This is a very intriguing topic for people on the internet. So if you are one of those who thinks that these two are same or didn’t know that they exist then this is your chance to know what deep web is.
Now that you are familiar with Deep web let’s talk about the Dark web.
Dark Web: is a place where you can serve the internet without being tracked. Your history will never show your web history dark web. You become a total anonymous with the dark web. This is like the incognito mode that google chrome provides in its mobile devices and PC devices.
If we compare the size of dark web and deep web, the dark web is smaller than the deep web. People use dark web for an illegal purpose such as selling drugs, weapons and hiring of assassins. So it is better to stay away from these things.
You must be thinking how these sites can work as anonymous on the internet without being tracked. These illegal sites use .onion. In their URL to stay hidden from the surface of the internet.
“.onion.” cannot be indexed by regular search engines and by putting “.onion.’ these illegal sites are taking advantage of the dark web.
How to get into the Dark Web?
You need to install special software to get access to the dark web. The name of the software is called “The onion browser” or TOR.
This software is free to download, and anyone can install it on their Windows PC and Mac.
Some of you may have heard the news where the largest online anonymous website marketplace called Silk Road was taken down after the United States Federal authorities investigate the dark web servers.
Well, TOR is not the only option if you want to get access to the dark web. There are other alternatives to get into dark web right from your regular browser.
How to get into the deep web?
How to get into deep web without “The Onion Browser (TOR)”
When we search something on the internet, the majority of the time we use google because google is the default search engine on out browser. Google is a great search engine for most of the users, but if you want to go anonymous, you won’t be able to do it directly with Google since they can’t get through the servers and cannot index database who are not hyperlinked or accessed via DNS servers.
However, there are some deep web search engines which can tackle the resistance of TOR network and show the same result which would show up on a regular browser.
Here are the name of some dark web search engines
- to https://tor2web.org/
- Not Evil https://hss3uro2hsxfogfq.onion.to/
- Memex Deep Web Search Engine
Some deep web search engine
- The WWW Virtual Library
- Collection of Deep Web research Tools
These search engine can access onion service via TOR relays and can resolve the .onion. Link and directly show the final output on a standard web browser as the world wide web.
Browsing the deep web on a regular browser via such search engines will show the .onion. The result to Google. However, you won’t be able to get tracked and will stay anonymous. Also, your history will not get indexed by your standard browser.
You can get more privacy search with some TOR clients such as Disconnect, DDG and IXQUICK.
Importance of TOR
Tor is not fully illegal to use if you merely scratch the surface of the TOR. However some illegal practice and make the law suspicious.
Tor is mostly used by journalists, researchers and thrills seeker who are located in the censored countries where internet is highly restricted. By using TOR, they won’t have to face any type of restrictions and their web history will not be followed.
With the help of TOR and relays, the public can serve on the internet without any track from the federal and intelligent agencies. Since the TOR is one the favourite target of federal agencies.
Deep web or dark web is compatible with windows 7 and above. In Mac side, you can use it in all versions of mac. It is also available for smartphones.
Steps to access the deep web on TOR
- Using your PC or Mac, go to this link https://www.torproject.org/download/download.html.en.
- Select the system in which you want to download TOR browser.
- Now download the SFX file and open the file and extract everything inside the files using Winrar.
- Save it to any directory that you prefer.
- A new folder will show up, and you have to click on “Start Tor Browser”.
- Wait for the browser to establish a connection.
- When the browser will successfully establish a connection, you will see firefox windows indicating as an active TOR network.
- On the top left corner of the screen on the left side of the address bar, you will see a $ like icon. Click on it and choose “forbid scripts globally” and you will become anonymous.
Now you can serve on the internet as an anonymous. Your web history will not be indexed by Google since the TOR network is working on your browser. Your browsing experience will stay the same.
Although you have access to the deep web, I would highly caution you that this can be a very illegal act if you happen to do anything against the federal law. If you are doing it for school purpose and getting some knowledge, then there are no problems using the deep web as long as you don’t get too much inside the dark web with the deep web.
Here are some precautions to keep in mind before using the Deep web
- If you are using a webcam, then make sure that you cover your webcam because anyone can hack your webcam and interrupt your privacy.
- USE VPN to add a layer of protection to your identity. Since the hacking mechanism is getting an advance, there are some people who would be able to hack even with the TOR anonymity.
- Never download any file from an unknown source.
- Deep Web contains such underworld internet contents which can hard you mentally and the way you use the internet. So use the deep web carefully and wisely.
- As I have said before use the deep web for school purpose and for experimenting with little things. Lots of people on the .onion get caught selling drugs online.
- Make sure that you have a working antivirus and firewall to add extra protection.
- Use Tor mail service in deep web. Don’t even think about using any other mail service.
Some .onion. sites
- Image sharing http://zw3crggtadila2sg.onion/imageboard/
- Secure whistleblowing sites http://5r4bnjug3apqdii.onion/
- E-book collections https://xfmro77i3lixucja.onion.It/
- Deep web chat http://www.chatrapi7fkbzczr.onion/
Also read: How To Enable the apple tvos dark mode
Over to you:
Now that you know about the Deep web and all the other things related to it, it is up to you how you use it. Read and follow the precautions to make sure you stay protected and avoid uneven act.
Use the .onion. Link if you have a genuine reason otherwise you can use the regular version.
This article was about how you can get deep web, and it was all on informational purpose. However, do take necessary precautions before jumping into the deep web – since it might turn out to be a dark place. Feel free to ask anything related to this article in the comments section.