Manage Default Printers
Manage Default Printers :: Microsoft’s latest release Windows 10 has lot of changes then its previous versions. Recently when i upgraded my Windows 7 OS to Windows 10, I have discovered a new feature here. This OS is enable with ‘default settings’ to manage your printers. As Windows 7 works on the function of old location aware printing, in Windows 10, it will default the last printer you used.
But if you do not like this feature of Windows 10, and want to turn off it then also you can do it. Here in this post i will show you how you can manage your Default printers setting in Windows 10.
Another remarkable feature of Windows 10 is that it is enable to print PDF file directly with its native printer and this feature is known as Print to PDF. You will find this option next to the Microsoft XPS Document writer option. In this article we are talking about managing Default printers. So i will go with it.
You May also Like : How To Take Screenshots on Windows 10
Before Managing, First let’s take a look How You can Set your Default Printer in Windows 10.
How to Set Default Printer in Windows 10 PC:
- First Open ‘Control Panel’ in your Windows 10 OS.
- Now, in the Control Panel click on ‘Hardware and Sound’.
- Now select ‘Devices and Printers’. Here you will see a list of all the installed printers and other devices.
- Now in the Printers option, choose a printer which you want to make your Default printer and Right click on it.
- Now you have to select ‘Set as Default Printer’. After this the printer which you selected it will become your Default.
You May Also Like : How to Speed Up Google Chrome Browser 2016
If you want to set a
Manage Default Printers For each network you connected, then also you can do it. Follow this-
- In the ‘Printer’ option after selecting a printer, from the menu bar you have to choose ‘Manage Default Printers’.
- Here you will found Two other options.
- Now select ‘Change my default printer when i change network’ option. It will let you ‘select network’ and ‘select printer’. Now click on Add option to make that printer default for that particular network.
- Now if you want to add another printer for another network, simply go on that network and follow the above steps. It’s very simple.
That’s all the task you have to do to set your default printer in Windows 10.
How to Manage your Default Printer in Windows 10 PC:
To manage your default printer simply follows-
- First you have to open ‘Settings’ from the Start menu. OR simply you can press ‘Windows Key + I’ simultaneously and then click on Devices.
- Now you have to select ‘Printers & Scanners’ option.
- Here you have to TURN OFF the ‘Default printer is the last used printer’ setting which is under the ‘Let windows manage my default printer’ setting option.
Now, if you want more options like to install and to manage the configuration of your printer, then also you can do this in the same window under the Control Panel.
That’s all you need to do to set up as well as to manage your default printer in your Windows 10 PC. Hope this post will help you to setup and manage yours.